The 2020 GPHC Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 1st at 6:00pm virtually through the Zoom platform. The program includes board elections, volunteer recognition, the annual organization update, and the presentation of the Babbs Award.
Important details on how to join and vote
Who is eligible to vote in the board election?
In order to be eligible to vote in the board election, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You must reside within the Greater Park Hill boundaries AND your household must be a current registered member with GPHC.
– OR –
- You must be a designated representative of a business/organization/religious institution located within Greater Park Hill boundaries AND your organization must be a current registered member with GPHC. Each business/organization/religious institution is allowed ONE (1) vote.
If you are uncertain about your membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must pre-register!
- If you plan to vote or simply attend you must pre-register by 5:30pm on Thursday, 10/1. Only one vote will be allowed per email address so each voting member of the household must register for the meeting separately under their own name and unique email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon registering. The email will provide you with instructions on how to join the meeting through a computer device or via telephone.
What if you don’t have an email address or internet access?
If you do not have internet access or your own email address under which to register, you will complete your vote via paper ballot.
- Please call 303-388-0918 by 6:00pm on Wednesday, 9/30 to register for the meeting and request a paper ballot. It is OK to leave us a message. Please be sure to leave your name, phone number, and address.
- A paper ballot will be delivered to you on Thursday, 10/1 with instructions on how to return it.
- If you are issued a paper ballot, you are still required to attend the meeting on Thursday, 10/1 at 6:00pm by dialing in via telephone.
Don’t forget to attend the meeting and cast your ballot!
The meeting begins at 6:00pm and will be locked at 6:20pm. After 6:20pm you will not be able to join even if you pre-registered.
- Members in the same household do not need to attend the meeting on separate devices. As long as you registered individually, you will still receive separate ballots.
- Roll call will take place prior to the election portion of the meeting. If you meet the eligibility requirements and registered for the meeting by the deadline, your name will be called to ensure you are in attendance.
- Once confirmed, your ballot will be emailed to you at the address you used to register for the meeting.
- You will have 24 hours to complete the ballot. The ballot link will expire on Friday, 10/2 at 7:00pm.
Welcome – Tracey MacDermott, Board Chair
Annual Update and Volunteer Recognition – Lana Cordes, Executive Director
Babbs Award Presentation – Tracey MacDermott, Board Chair
Board Election – Tracey MacDermott, Board Chair and Bernadette Kelly, Secretary
Closing Remarks – Tracey MacDermott, Board Chair
District Representative Candidates
At-Large Representative Candidates
running for a board seat
Elections will take place for representatives of Districts 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 and additionally for three At-Large representatives. District representatives must reside within the district they represent. At-large representatives can reside anywhere within Greater Park Hill. If you would like to run for a board seat, please send an email to email@example.com by Mon, Sept 28th, register for the annual meeting, and plan to make a brief (1-2 minute) pitch on your candidacy.
Babbs Award Nominations
Since 1980, the Babbs Award has been presented annually to a neighborhood leader for their outstanding impact in the community. You can read more about the origins of the award and view past recipients here. If you wish to nominate someone for this award, please send a couple of paragraphs about what makes your nominee an exceptional member of our community to firstname.lastname@example.org.