The 2021 GPHC Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 7th at 6:30pm virtually through the Zoom platform. The program includes board elections, volunteer recognition, the annual organization update, and the presentation of the Babbs Award.
Important details on how to join and vote
Register to attend the meeting
- If you plan to attend and vote in the election you will need to register for the Zoom meeting.
- Each voting member of a household must register for the meeting separately under their own name and email address. All adults (18+) within a member household are eligible to vote.
- You will receive a confirmation email containing the link to join the meeting.
Attend the meeting
- Members in the same household may attend the meeting together on the same device. As long as you registered individually, you will still receive separate ballots.
- In order to participate in the election, you will need to join the meeting by 7:00pm on 10/7.
- Your ballot will be emailed to you at the address you used to register for the meeting and you will have 24 hours to complete the ballot.
Who is eligible to vote in the board election?
In order to be eligible to vote in the board election, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You must reside within the Greater Park Hill boundaries AND your household must be a current registered member with GPHC.
– OR –
You must be a designated representative of a business/organization/religious institution located within Greater Park Hill boundaries AND your organization must be a current registered member with GPHC. Each business/organization/religious institution is allowed ONE (1) vote.
- You must attend the annual meeting.
Everyone who completes a ballot will be verified under these criteria before tallying the results. If you are uncertain about your membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t use email/internet/Zoom
Members who don’t use email/internet/Zoom can attend the meeting by phone (audio only) and complete a paper ballot. Please call 303-388-0918 by 5:00pm on Wednesday, 10/6 and we can provide further details.
District 2 – John Messner and Brenda Morrison
District 4 – Kevin Wiegand
District 6 – Phoebe Lassiter
District 8 – Namanand Henderson
District 10 – Colette Caret
At-Large – Louis Plachowski
running for a board seat
District representatives must reside within the district they represent. At-large representatives can reside anywhere within Greater Park Hill. If you would like to run for a board seat, please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon, October 4th and plan to make a brief (1-2 minute) pitch on your candidacy.
Babbs Award Nominations
Since 1980, the Babbs Award has been presented annually to a neighborhood leader for their outstanding impact in the community. You can read more about the origins of the award and view past recipients here. If you wish to nominate someone for this award, please send a couple of paragraphs about what makes your nominee an exceptional member of our community to email@example.com.